Saturday, August 11, 2012

Joining Freelance Websites

oDesk and Elance are two of my favorites that I use

I started searching online for some freelance websites when I was looking to start my part-time venture. I'm always looking to make some extra money on the side of my regular 8-5 job, and I love writing designing logos, and making small flash intros and games. So I figured why not try to find work online where there are thousands of people needing small jobs or excel spreadsheets or logos for their business. 

I came across quite a few, some are geared towards writing and some are sites with everything you could think of. The two largest and most enticing for me to join was odesk and elance. I went ahead and set up my accounts as a contractor so that I could apply or send my proposals out to the jobs of my choice. 

I now have 6 current jobs running on odek and 1 on elance. It took me a few proposals to get the hang of it, then a few more to get reply's back. Then it was like a BOOM! I was getting hired on odesk for jobs I had applied for in my sleep. Honestly this site is really great, and the fees for either contractor or employer are lower than elance.  


Another really cool aspect of odesk is that you get 25 applications to send out every month to any job category listed, verses on elance the free account option you get only one category attached to your profile. Check my profile out here: Kristine's Elance Profile or my oDesk profile here : Kristine's oDesk Profile

These can give you ideas on setting up your own, or if you're interested in contacting me for a project (which can be done here)

So if you are looking to hire someone for a project and need a descent price but great quality, I would go to oDesk and search their contractors here: Find Writers on oDesk
or check out elance.com for their options. Joining either site is free but there are small fees associated with both. Good Luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More