Friday, August 10, 2012

Is Maine Hosting Overpriced?

I'd like to share this experience with you:

My parents have owned their own construction business for many years in Maine, and they have had a website since about 2006. Well they believe in supporting local business, as do I, however when I mentioned hosting the other day to my mother she pulled her yearly bill out she just got and it SHOCKED me!

$245! Yeah that IS what my parents got charged for their upcoming year of hosting?! Crazy, I know.

I then spent the next few hours researching other hosting options. There are quite a few to choose from for your website, and I will go over two of the top ones. 

www.GoDaddy.com  - You see the advertisements everywhere, you know the spokeswomen...Very descent pricing (about $55) and has the ability to forward email, and also has an iPhone/Android app free for download. This company gives you tons of tools and makes it super easy to start a website. 

iPage.com - This hosting company is a little bit cheaper and also gives you a more user friendly dashboard. There isn't a mobile app out yet but the user interface for setting up your website is amazing.   This sites hosting packages start at $42 a year! Not bad at all. 

So both of these companies will give you great service (24/7) and also makes it really easy to just download apps and start creating your website. If you already have a site they help you with the HOSTING transfer, just call. 

Keep posted for my VIDEO on starting your own website with a TEMPLATE, and how easy it can be. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More